Information We Collect
We may collect various types of information, including:
- Personal Information: Information that can identify you directly or indirectly, such as your name, email address, phone number, and physical address.
- Non-Personal Information: Information that does not identify you individually, such as browser type, operating system, and website usage data.
- Communication Data: Information you provide when you contact us, including emails, messages, and customer support inquiries.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our services.
- To communicate with you, including responding to your inquiries and requests.
- To improve our website and services.
- To send you updates, newsletters, or promotional materials.
- To comply with legal obligations.
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety, and property.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We implement reasonable security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no method of data transmission over the internet or electronic storage is entirely secure, so we cannot guarantee absolute security.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
You have the following rights regarding your personal information:
- Access: You can request access to the personal information we hold about you.
- Correction: You can request corrections to any inaccurate or incomplete personal information.
- Deletion: You can request the deletion of your personal information.
- Restriction: You can request restrictions on the processing of your personal information.
- Data Portability: You can request to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- Withdraw Consent: You can withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal information.
To exercise these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our website may contain links to third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third parties.
Thank you for choosing Diplomat Translation. Your privacy is important to us, and we are dedicated to protecting your personal information.